Sunday, April 13, 2008

Parker's elders

Parker finally got to meet Grant's Aunt Sydney a couple of weeks ago. She lives in Battleground, Washington. We went out to a great lunch and visited. It is always great to visit with Sydney. She is an amazing lady who has a wealth of knowledge and experiences. She was in the peace corps and has owned a book store for years. We love Aunt Sydney and hope to see her more often.
My Grandpa Shook (my mom's dad). We went to St. George, Utah to visit at the end of January. Grandpa was so cute with Parker. He is almost 86 years old. He loved talking with Parker and would wipe away the baby drool with his handkerchief. He sent Grant and I out on a date while he and my mom watched Parker. He made a little bed for him out of a dresser drawer. He always asks, "How's that boy of ours?" I'm so glad we took that trip. We wish he was up here in Oregon.
My mom with Parker right after birth. She is such an important part of Parker's life. She babysits him every Friday. She calls to check up on him. She brings him lots of presents. My mom is so fun with him. She gets down on the floor and plays with him and totally tires him out. He has the best naps when she is around.
Grant's mom, Sam. Sam is living out at the beach. We don't get to see her as often as we'd like to... but when we do, we have a great time. Grammy is a cuddler. She loves holding Parker and checking out all the new things he can do.
Parker has yet to meet my extended family in the Salt Lake area. We are planning a trip to Utah in July for the Sessions family reunion.

Parker is so lucky to have all of these people to love and care for him.
I would have loved to see my Dad be a grandpa. He loved babies! I would be holding a baby at church and he would come snatch it out of my arms. Many people saw the serious side to my Dad, but he was totally goofy... especially when it came to babies.

3 comments:

Jennifer, Thierry, Xavier, Julien, and Aurélie said...

Wow, Parker is getting so big. He is adorable. I just want to pick him up and cuddle him. I am still waiting to give Julien his first real food. Hopefully soon. I am thinking in another week or so. We shall have to see if he seems interested or not.

Jill said...

How cute! Parker is so lucky to have such wonderful family! Cute pictures Julie! I can't wait to see you guys when you come to Utah.

FarrEver Family said...

Okay well I just want to give you props for making 3 posts on such the busy schedule you are running now. You guys are great! When we live in Utah, please come and visit!