Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Birthday Weekend--33 years old









I had a wonderful birthday. Saturday I went to get a pedicure and manicure (compliments of my mother in law) and Sunday we went to the beach. It was a perfect day. 70 degrees, no wind, sunny... very unlike Oregon in October! My mom met us at the outlet mall. I had a good shopping day. I found a great pair of jeans in a smaller size for $10, 2 pair of shoes, some khaki pants, and some cute clothes for Parker.

The best part was the beach. Absolutely gorgeous. Parker has always been fascinated with things stuck to his hands (hairs, dirt, sand, etc.) and it was cute to see him examine what was on him. The water was freezing so he had a very quick dip of his toes into the ocean. He never liked sand on his feet before, but this trip he was more open to it.

I was curious what Grant was going to buy me for a present since I had given him no hints. I sometimes give him a list of ideas. Not this year. I have been talking this year about how I want a hobby. Parker always calms down to this song from the "Once" soundtrack. He hears a few strums of the acoustic guitar and immediately relaxes. I thought how great it would be if I could play the guitar. SO, he bought me an acoustic guitar! I've played around on it with some online classes and boy do your fingertips hurt. I'll push through the pain till I get some calluses. I'm excited to learn. I have the most amazing husband!

4 comments:

Swasey Times said...

Great Photos! I wish I could go to the beach. That looks like fun.

Darilyn said...

Hi Julie, Thanks for commenting on my blog. That is so great that you teach 5th grade and also took your class to see Gossamer. That's interesting that the school had some parental complaints. I think it's an important subject to talk about.

And your pictures at the beach are great. you have a beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

AAH..TOO CUTE!

Anonymous said...

I love the pumpkin patch pictures and the beach. I was so glad to be there at the beach because I would never have believed how nice it was that day! I love the 3 sets of feet, you had some great photographer that day with you! keep the great shots a comin' Grama Di