Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow days



I can't remember a time when we have had so many days of snow in a row. I have had the whole week off of school. I worry that we'll have to make it up in June, but we'll probably add minutes onto the school day to make up the time. I have sure enjoyed this extra time off with Parker though. Makes me want to be a stay at home mom more than ever. I mean, just look at this cute boy-- who wouldn't want to be with him all day instead of 32 5th graders! I have used this extra time off to do Christmas cards, buy and wrap presents, catch up on emails, play with Parker, clean, run lots of errands, and sleep in. It's been great. Well, except for the following.....


Yesterday Parker was walking around the living room and tripped and fell mouth first into the brick fireplace. His upper and bottom lip had gouges in them, his chin has a scrape, and he chipped off part of his upper front tooth. He was crying hard for a few minutes and there was a little blood. I called Grant at work almost in tears, gave him Tylenol, then called Kaiser. We got in for an emergency dental appointment. The tooth is not broken up to the nerve and the Dr. didn't think that he would lose it. I am so upset that my cute boy is not going to be as cute with this broken tooth. I'll try to get a picture of the actual tooth. Everyone tells me that this is just the start of many injuries to come. Noooo! :( Is this what my parents went through with our injuries? Stitches, sprains, several broken bones, surgery. My mom used to say that the Albany hospital should have named an exam room in the emergency room after us. Hopefully, Parker won't be quite as accident prone as his mom. Grant never broke a bone until 4 years ago when he decided to go for a walk in the ice storm and fell and broke his ankle, which required surgery. I told him not to go! He has to walk a few blocks in the snow to the bus stop... makes me a little nervous, but so far so good.

I love looking out the window and seeing the white snow. It makes everything look so clean and pretty.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Taylor fell off the chair in the kitchen and her tooth cut through her lower lip. I was so glad that Rob was home to help calm ME down. now she has a brown tooth so sad! you are actually getting more snow than we are now!

Swasey Times said...

The snow is awesome. I wish we had that much. Parker's adorable no matter what injuries he gets. He's just a doll.
Melissa

FarrEver Family said...

I was thinking about Grant and his broken foot just today. I was thinking about how the lady downstairs would get upset about all the noise from him trying to move around in his cast.
Then your comment about sleeping in reminded me of that early morning phone call from Grant to go and wake you up. Good memories.
Parker ha gotten so big! I miss watching him grow1

Jennifer, Thierry, Xavier, Julien, and Aurélie said...

That is so sad Parker got hurt. I hate it when my boys get hurt. He is so cute even with injuries though. I bet his chipped tooth will add some great character to his face. Plus it is only his baby tooth. Soon enough it will be replaced with a permanent one that he can chip at a later time.