Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!


These pictures start in the upper left hand corner on my 15th birthday, to Winter formal, long distance dating, the day were we engaged in the middle, our wedding and early married life.


Happy Valentine's Day to my sweetheart of 22 years!


When I met you in 7th grade, there was an instant connection. You were not like the other boys. You were thoughtful and caring even as a 12 year old. You always made me laugh and feel special. My journal on January 13, 1989 says, "Grant is really like old-fashioned. He carries my books, opens the door for me, and takes my lunch tray. He is also very funny. I REALLY want him for my 8th grade boyfriend." You made a huge impression on me. Every guy I met I compared to: first- my father and then to you.

I would always have butterflies in my stomach when I knew I was going to see you and stressed about what I would wear. I remember times we would spend together, like when we went to the beach in college where we sang Chicago songs the whole way, where I wished that our friendship was more. I got my wish. I got the best husband possible.

I love you more and more every day. I feel so lucky to have you as my husband. You are the most amazing man and father. Not a day goes by where you don't show me how much you love me. I appreciate all of your support, your partnership in our family, your fun-loving personality, and your positive outlook.

I love you honey! Happy Valentine's Day!


4 comments:

Diane Clark said...

I am so glad that Grant found the perfect woman too. I love Grant, he is a great fit for our family and I like to say to him, "you're a keeper." He actually calls me sometimes to visit, that is nice because the conversation is about me goofing up the computer somehow. AH, the good old days have now turned into the best days possible and the future is really looking better. Love, Diane

Hailey Vial said...

Oh this is so sweet a post. I didn't know you had that much history. Bree is on my lap saying "Parker was a baby??? Parker was a baby!"

the splendid life of us... said...

That is the sweetest post. And what a rare treasure you have to have found your love so young and to get to grow old with him too.

And my blogglines is being so stupid and not showing posts until like a week or two after they are posted so I am only now reading this, not cool!

Jennifer, Thierry, Xavier, Julien, and Aurélie said...

Wow 22 years. That is awesome. It is amazing you met your perfect guy at such a young age. I had to go through a lot of Mr. Wrongs before I finally met my Mr. Right. It is great hearing stories such as yours. I love all the old pictures too. Those are great.