Thursday, July 16, 2009

Happy 60th Birthday Mom!

No, this is not an error, the grandkids call my mom Gamma. This was a wonderful lemon cake. I had the same kind at Parker's baby shower. Yum. Parker and Ava sat at the table with forks in their hands waiting to get a piece.
Julia took pictures of the kids. Only one turned out mainly because Parker would not sit still! He had a pocket car in each hand, but he still wanted to go run and play.
Grant and I got her a laptop for her birthday. She hates her current big, heavy one. She does so much for us. She drops everything to come watch Parker or help us with a home project. She has watched Parker one day a week for about 15 months now. We really appreciate all she does for us. If you know my mom, you know she doesn't like receiving gifts, only giving them. It is frustrating to us; she deserves anything anyone gives her.

For her birthday dinner, Cam and I took her to the Melting Pot. I love that place! We loved having it just be the three of us. We laughed a lot.... mainly, because they were messing up my system for eating there. You get a platter of several types of meats to share and they were messing up the order. I made it easy for them, go around in a circle so everyone gets their share. Too hard for them! Cameron couldn't even keep track of what color his skewers were. It really frustrated me, but was really funny. I'm getting my own individual one next time! :)

Happy Birthday Mom!

0 comments: