Friday, March 12, 2010

A sign that we need more sleep!

Incident #1: Grant carried Parker and his library book out to the van and put the book on the roof of the car as he strapped Parker in his car seat. He then drove off and went a few blocks, came to a stop sign, and saw something flash by the window... the library book! He got out and retrieved it. No major harm done.

Incident #2: I grabbed a diet soda, took a few drinks, put it on the top of the car as I strapped Parker in and drove off. Went up our street and realized I didn't have my drink. Stopped the car, got out, and it was still there. Duh!

Incident #3: We were heading to the school's 5th grade program. Grant put Parker's shoes on the roof of the car (sound familiar?) and buckled him in his car seat. I drove us to the school and Grant looked around the car for his shoes. Luckily, I brought his fireman rain boots, because the shoes were no where to be found. The next morning, I'm driving on the on-ramp to the freeway, and what do I see?.... my baby's shoes!!! I couldn't believe it! I drove right between them and watched in the rear view mirror other cars drive between them. I didn't react fast enough and didn't have a spot to pull over, plus I was running even later for work than normal. Those shoes are my favorite so I called my mom, who was at our house watching Parker, and asked her to retrieve them, if she could pull over and get out of the car completely safely. She did. I called Grant and we swore that we would do better about not putting things on the roof of the car.

Incident #4 (yes, another incident! And these incidents are all within a 2 week period!)
Grant went to the store to get a few groceries. He came home and told me that he also rented a movie from the Red Box. He started to tell me about it as he was looking for it. He thought he had slid it into his pants pocket. He looked in the dirty clothes, on the kitchen table, in the car, and around the house. He then figured out that he had put it on the roof of the van and driven off!!! He drove back to Fred Meyer to look around the parking lot, in carts, and talked to Customer Service. No luck! He looked online to find out what happens if you have lost one of the Red Box movies. He told me I didn't want to know what the charge was to replace it... $25! We just hoped that a good Samaritan would find it and turn it back in to the machine. Grant checked our credit card and we were just charged $1. Thank goodness!

Incident #5
Even after all of this, I was getting in my car Monday morning and put my bowl of steaming, hot oatmeal on the top of the Jetta as I loaded the car with my purse, bag, and lunch, got in the car and drove off. I passed a girl on the street waiting for the bus, and she must have thought I was crazy. I went up our hill, stopped at the stop sign, turned the corner, and looked around for my breakfast. Ahhh! Not again! I pulled over, grabbed my oatmeal, and headed off again.

We definitely need to get more sleep! Or carry less stuff out to the car at once. Geez!

2 comments:

Jennifer, Thierry, Xavier, Julien, and Aurélie said...

You are so funny. I love it that both of you do it and not just one.

FarrEver Family said...

These are hilarious!!! I lost a phone once, because it was on top of the car. Sad business...but funny!