Monday, September 8, 2008

Can I pet him?

After swim class tonight, we went to Sweet Tomatoes. Next to our table was a group with at least 6 kids. Parker was staring at them. They were entertaining him. I recognized one of the Dads as the police officer that taught DARE to my students the year before last. I was talking with the adults as some of the kids gathered around Parker in his high chair. The youngest boy, around 2, started to pet Parker. He just stroked his arm. Parker seemed to like the kid, so no big deal. Then, he was hugging Parker. Parker was still fine. Then, he tried kissing Parker. His mom grabbed him and apologized. His older brother, maybe 4, came over and asked, "Can I pet him?" His mom quickly said, "NO! He's not a dog!" I just laughed and said, "You can touch him."

What an easy-going guy.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man he is so cute. We gotta get the kids together soon!