Friday, September 5, 2008

Utah trip

Parker and I went to Utah and met my mom there. My cousin Chandra got married. I didn't think I'd be able to go because of a math training, but it was canceled and I hopped at the chance to visit Utah and see all my cousins. The wedding and reception was in a beautiful home and Chandra looked great.

This is my Uncle Walt. He is my Dad's oldest brother. Walt and my dad were so much alike... especially their voices and their style. They once bought the exact same suit and tie at Nordstrom in different states. Walt is the closest thing I have to my dad and the closest thing Parker has to a grandpa. It was so sweet to see them together. He is an amazing Grandpa to 10 grandkids. I loved staying with Walt and Kathryn and seeing them with their children and grandchildren. They are wonderful people.
Kathryn practicing for her Sunday performance. What a sweet woman!

What cute girls! They belong to my cousins Jill, Chandra, Caroline, and Susan.

My cousins Shauna and Angela and her son Max.
Susan's daughter, Ava. She was Parker's sweet playmate. He adored her.
Top Row: Angela, Jill, Susan, Caroline
Bottom Row: Jennifer (who lives in Germany), Shauna, and you know the rest.
The only Clark cousins missing were Chandra (on her honeymoon), Loretta (in Georgia), Melissa (who was at the wedding, but had to get back home), Cameron, and John (both in southern CA).
Parker was fascinated with Ava's retainer.
Max and Parker having fun.
Swimming on a hot day in Susan's pool.

Before we left, we went to Farmington to visit my dad's grave. It is in a beautiful cemetery next to some nice trees. I miss him so much, even more when being around his brothers. I see how great Walt is with his grandkids and I know that my Dad would have been so wonderful with Parker. He loved babies.
Parker started eating the grass and leaves after a little bit. Notice he has a University of Utah shirt on, my Dad's alma mater.

It was a great trip. I hope we can go again soon.

2 comments:

Jennifer, Thierry, Xavier, Julien, and Aurélie said...

Love the pictures you took in Utah. Julien got his first tooth as well just after that day at Walt and Katheryn's. I noticed it the next day. That is funny that Parker and Julien both cut their first tooth in Utah. It sure was nice seeing you. Too bad I was sick during the wedding. I am glad I got to visit with you the next day though. We are still planning on coming to Oregon next year. Right now I am thinking early June. I will let you know once we have booked everything.

Jill said...

You took some great pictures! It was so fun being able to spend time with you while you were here. I love that picture you took of all the little girls together! So cute. I love how they were instantly friends when we got to Walt's house. Don't you wish you could be like that as an adult?