Sunday, July 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

My mom has been such an amazing part of my life. She was a stay at home mom who was always there for us. She sewed our clothes, drove us to all our activities (and we had tons because my Dad was the Parks & Rec Director), cooked great meals every night, made us laugh, and laid on our beds with us after school to find out how our day was.

With my own family, she helps us tremendously. She is there when we have questions about weeds in our yard. She is there to help us paint our house. She babysat Parker one day a week when I went back to work and sends us out on a date nights often. She shows us all the time how much she loves us.

She is a great example of a strong, independent woman. I'm not sure how many countries she has traveled to now. She has been without my Dad for over 5 years and has proven that she can do many wonderful things herself. I'm proud of you mom. You are very brave.


We wanted to do some fun things with my mom for her birthday. She has always wanted to go to Kliciktat street in SE Portland to the area where Beverly Cleary grew up. I'm sure many of you read the "Ramona" books. There are some statues to honor her in "Grant Park", so we went to check it out. We also went to Cathedral Park under the St. John's bridge to take some pictures.

My mom and Ramona. She thinks they have the same haircut.

Henry Huggins

Parker's first slide and swing ride.We think Beverly Cleary went to school here. Haven't done the research yet.Cathedral Park under the St. John's bridge. I'm sure you can tell why they named it that. Gorgeous place! I've always been fascinated with bridges. I just love these arches.My favorite bridge picture.My mom loves tie dye and bought him this onesie awhile ago. He just had to wear it on her birthday. Aren't they a cute pair?! They adore each other!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hi it's me Jenni your long lost friend here in Denver. Your little boy is so cute! Loved the bridge pictures as well. You both look amazing keep up the good work!

Jennifer, Thierry, Xavier, Julien, and Aurélie said...

I love the pictures of Parker and Diane. Those are great. You can tell they adore each other. I think your Mom is a great lady as well. I love getting e-mails from her. Hopefully she can make it to Chandra's wedding so I can introduce her to Julien. I would love to see you and your family there as well. August 22nd. Think about it.