Thursday, July 17, 2008

He's not a fish

We're taking baby swim classes! These pictures are of our second day. Parker is not loving it. The first day was a little stressful. He is the youngest baby there and most have been taking lessons for months now. The babies "dive" under water, which consists of the adult pushing them 3 feet under water and they going forward for about 3 seconds. The baby comes up crying usually. When Parker hears another baby crying, he cries. He was clinging to me the whole time. He did not dive that day. Grant came with us last night. Parker started out very clingy again. The other babies weren't crying much, so he was a bit better. He did do a dive. He cried. We are going back. Am I crazy!? Actually, I think it's really fun. We sing songs and play little water games. I love "motor boat". My dad did that with us. Hopefully, he becomes more comfortable in the water. We will work on it in the bathtub. I need to dump 2 quarts of water over each ear, the back of his head, and over his face every day to get him used to it. If you live in the area and want to take classes, let me know. I get a discount for everyone I refer.

My clingy boy. Very nervous.

Looking better. But, he does have a grip on my hair!

That's better.

0 comments: