Friday, January 15, 2010

Zoo Lights

The train at Zoolights is the place to be on a Winter night in Portland. We attempted to go to Zoo lights a couple of weeks before Christmas, but my mom slipped and fell on a metal plate in the sidewalk and hit her head as we were heading in. An ambulance and fire truck came to check her out, but she didn't want to go to the hospital. She was ok, just sore. The zoo employees were great and encouraged us to come back and said that we could ride with the conductor on the train and skip the line. AWESOME! Maybe I'll try falling next year so we can do that again. So cool!

In the "hot box." My mom and I sat on top of a flat bed train car behind them.
My mom under the dragon light.
"Ooooh... pretty lights!"


Parker with a baby elephant.
He really liked the alligator.
This courtyard area is full of lights. Beautiful.
He had so much fun playing these drums.

This band was so funny. It consisted of a group of old guys that really liked to rock. They started with a Christmas song, then went to Green Day, and the last song we heard was a Metallic song. Rock on!
We were freezing. I think it was 37 degrees that night. I really needed some gloves and socks. Luckily, I had a hat my friend Melissa made. Brrr. We had a great time though and will have to go again next year.

0 comments: